Wednesday, November 10, 2010

P90-What?!?!

Okay...so I fell off the wagon a bit.  
I started the P90X program with full intentions of completing the full 90 days.  
I knew it may be difficult with upcoming races etc, but figured I'd give it a shot.  

Well, here's what happened.  

I tend to do the workouts at night.  I'm just NOT a morning person and cannot convince myself to get up extra early to do these workouts.  

No way.  
 So, typically I would end up doing the workout at about 10pm.  
All was fine and dandy until the night before the San Diego Mud Run on Halloween.  Saturday night I was supposed to start Week 2 Day 1--the day of push-ups and pull-ups.  That workout makes me unable to lift my arms with out them shaking.  
I started thinking about it and realized I really needed to have arm strength for the mud run.  
Seriously...those are some slippery, muddy hills.  
So...I decided to postpone that workout.  I did the mud run on Sunday, which happened to be Plyometrics day...again after doing the mud run I wasn't sure how well I would do with Plyos!  

And...there you have it.  

I need to restart my 90 days...but...I had a BLAST at the mud run, so, it was worth it!  :-)

Here are some of the 'dirty' pics from the Mud Run...not part of my list but way cool and I'll do it again whenever I can!  

Kaya, Katie and Me before getting muddy


Me going under one of the flag lines.

Me, Kaya, Brook, and Katie: after the fun waiting for the 'showers'...see that trickle of water in the background...yup...that was supposed to get all that mud off.


Katie and Me (and funny mustache dude that is WAY too clean to have participated!)
  
 Me: loving all the mud!  The last time I did one I didn't feel that I looked muddy enough...they just sprayed us with the fire hose so much that we were kind of clean at the end.  This time, Katie and I stopped and had a mud fight to ensure we were muddy enough! 


To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment