Friday, October 15, 2010

Long Beach

So, the Long Beach 1/2 Marathon is not officially part of my 'bucket list'

but

it is one more chance to work on my time to help me reach my 'Triple Crown' item.  

The Triple Crown is a series of 3 1/2 marathons in San Diego, starting with the Carlsbad 1/2 in January.  The stipulation with the TC is that you must finish in the allotted time frame. 

No big deal, right??  

Well, it never has been...but...most 1/2's that I've completed have a 3.5 hour time limit.  
Now you runners are thinking, 

"OMG, that's slow"

but as a walker you definitely need to keep your hustle.  

I typically finish a little after 3:00.  
To be exact the OC 1/2 last May was 3:06 and the SD Rock n Roll was 3:03. 

Here's the tough part...2 of the races for the TC have a 3:00 time limit...and one of those races has an absolutely ridiculous hill (check out mile 6).  

So...I really and truly am not sure if I'll be able to complete in under 3 hours.  But...it's not until April so I have time and this weekend is just another chance to see if I can get under the 3 hour mark.  

Note: I haven't trained.  

AT ALL

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment