Monday, October 18, 2010

Reserving my right!

Long Beach 1/2 Marathon is over.  

Done.  
Finis. 
Fertig. 
Finito. 

I hurt.  
My hamstrings hurt. 
My quads hurt. 
My abs hurt.  
My hip flexors hurt.  


You get the point.  It's my own darn fault.  
I told you I didn't train.  
The one thing that I am thankful for is that I don't have one single blister.  

How?  

I have no clue.  I haven't worn those shoes since...uhm...maybe August?!?!  

Yes...I've been slacking...big time!  

But...I finished.  
I finished walking the 1/2 in 3:07:11.  

Crap.  

I would have liked sub 3:00 but wasn't expecting it for sure.  It would have been nice though.  

In the process of doing this race I came upon a realization.  I truly do not think it is physically possible for me to complete the La Jolla 1/2 Marathon in under 3 hours.  

Physically NOT possible.  

I can train.  
I can train and complete a 1/2 in under 3 hours.  
I cannot train and complete La Jolla in under 3 hours.  

When I'm on a course I see and 'onramp' or an 'overpass', I think, 
"Oh god...a hill".  
Those are bumps in the road in comparison of what the La Jolla brings!  

Yup  

La Jolla says, 
"BRING IT", and I say..."no thank you!"  

So, back to my title of this post.  

I am reserving my right to change my 'Triple Crown' item.  I still want to complete a series of races.  I've been looking at other sets and one I may look into doing is California Dreamin...but there are others too.  So the jury is out on which one I will do...but this I know.  

I will NOT being doing the Triple Crown.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment